7.6.11

After Graduation, What's Next?

June is fast approaching. It’s now time again to wake up early in the morning to prevent tardiness during the 7am class. It is also time to welcome assignments, deadlines, group works and exams. Indeed, the life of a student is stressful but fun. But what comes after schooling? Are all our efforts going to be paid off and immediately be hired after graduation? I guess not.
                I can still remember my first day of class. I was a bit reluctant but at the same time excited with my new classmates, teachers and friends. But college wasn’t all fun. For four years, my journey was tough. I have to juggle everyday deadlines, adjust to different attitudes and work on my daily budget.  In short, my college experience was a roller coaster ride. So, when the day of my graduation came, I felt the four years of sacrifices and hard work finally paid off. I thought it was the end of my sacrifices. But I was wrong.
                Graduating from college isn’t the end of the journey but just a bus stop. It is actually the beginning of the long years of hard work and dedication. Applying for a job is not easy.  We will all get to experience rejection from companies that we want to apply for and slowly, the stress of looking for a job that has a good salary will make us want to give up and quit. But sooner, if we are really determined, we’ll get to land on a job that is rightfully ours.
I know life is not easy. We need our diplomas to have a decent job to put food on the table. We will no longer need our parents’ weekly allowance because we are earning for ourselves. That is why we should be persistent and learn to love our jobs. After all, it is the main reason why we went to school right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment